Until March 17th, Mercury (the planet of communication, trade, travel, education, siblings, and the nervous system) will be retrograde. This means that the planet appears to travel backwards in the sky.
When you think about how this cosmic event affects you, add “re” to every action you consider taking: reflect, rejuvenate, reignite, renew, recycle, repeat, redo, resolve, research, review, etc.
With the Rx (℞), you may also want to reconsider any prescriptions for physical, spiritual, financial, or mental health.
You’ll also hop on the mental time machine — taking a trip back to get things finished up or sorted out, that were left behind.
Mechanical and electrical things can break down, can have power fluctuations, work slowly, or be delayed — travel, trade, and communication devices included. Mail, credit and debit cards, and payments can also be affected.
Anything not previously fixed or resolved before, or was on its way out, will likely be on its last legs during the retrograde.
Getting things fixed, backing up data, doing your taxes, and resolving outstanding problems that Mercury governs is a positive, successful, and productive approach to this celestial happening.
If you’re signing contracts, buying machines or electronics — do your research, and read the fine print three times! Better yet, have someone else go triple check it for you. Give yourself extra time to get things done, and get to places.
Restarting of old relationships and connections may occur during a retrograde; however, avoid starting a new relationship or connection. If you break up during a retrograde, there’s a good chance you’ll get back together again (maybe during the next retrograde), or sort things out more clearly once it’s over.
If you have siblings, they may be hard to reach or misunderstandings could abound. However, it’s also a time where you’re likely to rehash old stories, or issues and might get somewhere with it this time around.
With Mercury Rx in Pisces, we have the added element of water mixed with the air of Mercury and this makes mist or rain. Don’t be surprised if tears are shed — happy or sad, in memory of the past.
Pisces is a soft, dreamy, sensitive, and sometimes clouded sign. If you’re into the spiritual arts, or yoga — it’s a good time to get meditating and moving your body and mind, in gentle ways. This is also a great time to think about water, spirituality, drugs taken, illusions you’ve created for yourself, your plans for this spring, sleeping, and dreaming.
If you have planets in the mutable signs (Virgo, Gemini, Pisces, Sagittarius) around 5° to 19°, you’ll be especially affected by this spectacle in the areas that are governed by those signs, planets, and houses and will ride it out until April 6th. Oh joy!
Seriously, if you need extra time to heal or get your taxes, filing, or repairs done — this is actually good news!
My Mercury Rx Pisces 2013 Stories
I’ve got Mercury Virgo 8° and Pisces NN 2°, and intercepted in the 2nd house.
- Stomach ailment came back — this time with a vengeance.
- Power outage zapped out my old speakers that were on their last legs anyway.
- Only one out of three elevators working since the 25th.
- Missed the bus.
- Trade is slower.
- Payment a regular client mailed, didn’t arrive on time. Another payment didn’t come (after Mercury turned direct but the event was booked during the Rx) and the event ended up getting cancelled — deposits are essential in my line of work! :)
- Payments made in odd ways by clients, disrupting our payment flow. After Mercury turned direct, payments started flowing in again!
- Rehashing same issues with sibling. This time we might be getting somewhere.
- Doing my taxes, sorting out paperwork. Received a call on March 28th (after Mercury turned direct from the government about putting a “move-on” in getting my filing done. I’ve got that April 6th extension so hope to have it done by then! )
- I’ve submitted an article for an astrology column in a local newspaper
- Communication breakdown with a Pisces Sun-Mercury native. Made up with said person on March 28th (after Mercury turned direct).
- Friend’s car break, on back wheel died. He had delayed fixing it for months.
- March 29th, finally able to travel, as travel plans were delayed before Mercury turned direct.
- Sink part not working well, was not communicated. This led to the part becoming totally broken. It’s now been fixed!
- Credit card company thought a payment I made was suspicious so put a hold on account. That payment didn’t go through but other payments were attempted, so cancelled card and a new one on its way. Turns out, it was the payment I was trying to make. The organization’s payment processor was coming through as suspicious.
- I will be re-interviewing someone whom I had intended an in-person interview on Sunday (just one day after Mercury went Rx). I couldn’t interview them in person because I got sick (see above stomach ailment). I did, however, interview them by pone and we will be doing the live re-interview during the Mercury Rx. So that’s actually good that happened!
- March 30th: Have been unable to commit or announce official changes such hiring a new contractor, and announcing a new moderator for a group I run. Right now, I can’t find the words. I’m certain I will as I get closer to April 6th — when entirely out of the shadow period.