The Astrology of Menstrual Periods: Moon-Pluto, the Cole’s / Cliff’s Notes
(Current transits: Sun in Gemini (communications). Moon in Scorpio (Pluto). My current transits: Moon in the 10th. Moon-Pluto. LOL… I didn’t check this until AFTER I finished the article.)
A woman’s monthly, if Aunt Flow is still visiting, can be a difficult yet wonderful time for a woman.
The Moon and Pluto rules menstruation, and that means:
Moon (Cancer): mood changes, emotional outbursts, crying, irritation, intuition, feelings, food, instinct, female and mother energy, babies, memory, nostalgia, increase of fluids, blue, stomach
Pluto (Scorpio): blood, darkness, mystery, anger, intensity, pain, renewal, elimination, death, and life, new beginnings, sexual organs, reproductive system
Moon and Pluto can form different aspects, and so too women have different experiences with their bleeding cycle for better or worst, but always transformational.
Not everyone has Moon and Pluto aspecting; however, if it were aspecting — what would it be most closely aspecting? This can give an idea as to what type of period may be had.
The squares are frustrated, and block. The opposites vacilitate from one end to the other, in a flash — depending on what provoked. Conjunctions can be good or bad, but either way — they’re powerful. The trines are easy, peasy, lazy, and introverted. The sextiles are active, energetic, and extroverted. Read semi’s too. Semi just means half the time, when activated, or less of an effect. Quintiles are a little quirky, a little freaky — maybe even kinky. Sesquares illustrates a lack of maturity, or a disability — physical or emotional therapy may help a lot. Inconjuncts or Quincunxes are a little off-balance, and need to adjust a bit — kind of harmless, in the grande scheme.
I have Moon conjunct Pluto, in the 8th house. I have good and bad periods. When they’re good, they’re Really good — and in fact, I LIKE having my periods. I even feel a little sexier, and a little more creative too. But when they’re bad, they’re really BAD. This is when a good partner, can bank some get out of jail, for free, cards.
While Pluto deals with painful experiences, it’s brother — Mars is the cause of inflammation so Pluto causes painful inflammation. And so the antidote is Venus! Chocolate, love, good food and wine, friendship, sweetness, relaxing, art, music, and justice, etc.
I would like to speak for all women here; however, I’ll just tell you what makes me happier, healthier, and a little more in love with you:
1. Ask me what I need, to feel better.
2. Rub my back / give me massage. Internal massages are good too — we’re talking Pluto here: from the inside, out and vice versa!
3. Get me soothing drink or tea, chocolate, or food that helps reduce inflammation and pain
4. Offer some soothing chat, or an anti-inflammatory drug or herb.
3. Draw me a bath, and put on some soothing music. And since the opposite is the antidote: A hot water bottle as Pluto and Moon are COLD. :) Venus/Taurus likes things warm.
4. Don’t argue with me. I’m in pain. It’s like having a huge wood splinter stuff up your penis, or having a heavy item on your toe. It’s even more tortuous when it comes and goes (contractions, cramps).
5. Don’t antagonize me. Don’t tell me, oh you’re on “the rag”. If you think that will make me happier, um. No! LOL
6. Flowers, and sweet smells are nice too.
If you don’t have a beautiful partner, you can do these things for yourself.
The quicker this is happening, the less time you’ll / she’ll be in pain. So get to it!
By the way: Any anger or sadness a woman normally feels, or things she is pissed off or emotional about, may erupt when she’s in pain. It’s nothing new either, she just can’t deal with the pain AND concealing her annoyance or disturbance at the same time. That’s the Moon at work. And she usually doesn’t like this either! Especially if she likes to come across as a strong, and independent woman (like myself).
Track her cycle so you have an idea of when she’ll be in pain, and when she’s feeling more emotional. Doing this will also let you know when she’s more fertile and more into you, and when to plan for trips or doing anything more active or remote.