Opposites. Men (Aries/Mars/Sex) opposite Women (Libra/Venus/Love) My thought about men and women, in romantic relationships… men don’t stay with or love a woman, for the sex. Yes, they tend to want, or have sex on the mind more than women (in general, no absolutes here) but here’s the kicker – you’ll get a woman to stay with you / love you for the sex — GREAT sex. A man’s Mars! Saturn (Capricorn/Libra), Pluto (Scorpio). What keeps a man, to a woman? Your love. Your acceptance, compassion, understanding, joy, positivity, optimism – your Venus (Libra/Taurus), Jupiter (Sag / Pisces), and Neptune (Pisces). In an ideal relationship, for many, sex AND support are crucial to happiness. But men and women are different in that what holds them to you, what makes them truly fall in love with you — it is counter-intuitive to what you think does. Through many studies, it’s been stated that biologically women seek support (emotional, financial, and whatever) and I have found that to be true (even with the feminists). But again, that is not what makes her fall in love with you or stay with you. That, my friend is Oxytocin – the bonding hormone, and that my friend gets released in spades when we get the big O and lots of super duper cuddles. So don’t skimp out my het male friends – give your girl the squeeze. And the women, go easy on your man’s ego. In fact, shower him with praise and joy!! Happy Venus day / weekend. Get your love on. <3
Venus Rx… Often unexpectedly… An ex lover dies, or returns. A woman dies. A friendship ends. Break-up’s and break-in’s occur. Beauty dissolves. Beauty problems. Money comes and goes. Doing your art, again. You lose what you value. Jewelry and women’s clothing goes missing. Being given old jewelry or clothing, of a woman. Venus — The Mayans knew to fear her, and offered her many sacrifices. Venus meant war, death, and destruction. I had a major break with the 2012 Venus Rx in Libra, and I lost someone special during the 2013 retrograde in Capricorn and someone else very important to me, in the 2015 Venus Rx in Leo. And I’ve heard of many break-up’s occurring, for others. This is a time when what one loves, and values is taken away and Venusian things are re-evaluated. This is also a very bad time to start a new relationship, with someone NEW, beauty treatment, financial investment, and so on. But you could also become committed to someone, whom you’ve just been casually dating, up until the retrograde. Venus Rx happens every 1.5 to 2 years. And not everyone will suffer deaths. I did because Venus rx conjunct my ascendant in 2013, while Pluto was also on it, and in 2015 – Venus rx conjunct my Sun-Mars and Pluto was yet again on my ascendant in retrograde motion with the Moon in Scorpio transiting it. Look for anything “Exact”… within a degree, and that means exact on a house cusp or exactly conjuncting a point, planet, or other celestial object to see if there will be any great impact and how it will. So, while everyone will have some Venusian thing taken away or given back to them, their personal natal horoscope describes exactly what that is.
Next Venus Retrogrades from Richard Nolle’s site.
MAR 04, 2017 | 08:28 AM | 13AR09 | VE SR | | APR 15, 2017 | 10:20 AM | 26PI55 | VE SD | | OCT 05, 2018 | 06:42 PM | 10SC50 | VE SR | | NOV 16, 2018 | 10:30 AM | 25LI14 | VE SD | | MAY 13, 2020 | 07:03 AM | 21GE50 | VE SR | Spring, summer weddings are popular but... | JUN 25, 2020 | 07:05 AM | 05GE20 | VE SD | not the best year to get married, during wedding high season. | DEC 19, 2021 | 11:00 AM | 26CP29 | VE SR | | JAN 29, 2022 | 09:52 AM | 11CP05 | VE SD | | JUL 23, 2023 | 00:56 AM | 28LE36 | VE SR | | SEP 04, 2023 | 01:16 AM | 12LE12 | VE SD | | MAR 01, 2025 | 11:42 PM | 10AR50 | VE SR | | APR 13, 2025 | 00:38 AM | 24PI38 | VE SD | | OCT 03, 2026 | 07:34 AM | 08SC29 | VE SR | | NOV 14, 2026 | 00:35 AM | 22LI52 | VE SD | | MAY 10, 2028 | 11:35 PM | 19GE41 | VE SR | | JUN 22, 2028 | 11:03 PM | 03GE11 | VE SD
Online dating can be a killer — literally, and figuratively.
These days, online dating attracts a lot of men and women with difficult love, and sex natures. Liars and cheaters, are a plenty. And there’s quite a few emotionally, physically, and mentally dis-eased that will really put you through the ringer, if you don’t take care.
Of course, none of us have perfect personalities; however, a dangerous individual is not the same as a moderately flawed one.
Even if your synastry is fabulous, and cancels out strenuous natal behaviors — the moment you stop dating (if that were to happen), watch out. Your loved one may very well revert right back to their OWN chart and the behaviors that come with it.
Draw up a chart on any prospect, and believe what you see — unless you want to test it out.
The squares are frustrated, and block. The opposites vacillate from one end to the other, in a flash — depending on what provoked. Conjunctions can be good or bad, but either way — they’re powerful. The trines are easy, peasy, lazy, and introverted. The sextiles are active, energetic, and extroverted. Read semi’s too. Semi just means half the time, when activated, or less of an effect. Quintiles are a little quirky, a little freaky — maybe even kinky. Sesquares illustrates a lack of maturity, or a disability — physical or emotional therapy may help a lot. Inconjuncts or Quincunxes are a little off-balance, and need to adjust a bit — kind of harmless, in the grande scheme. They also cause aversion.
Every celestial object can become a romance planet or object; however, I find these are the ones that can make the most impact at the get-go:
Moon, Venus, and Mars in aspect to Jupiter, Pluto, Neptune, Uranus, and Chiron.
Here are some example Deal breakers, in my book. And I’ll add my little quips, as time goes on.
- Venus square Pluto Jealous, manipulative, subversive, under cover obsession, insecure. Giving you the love drug, that can only be got from them. Be aware, from the get-go. They’ll make their problems, yours. Giving you everything you ever wanted, at a price. You’ll be intoxicated by them, and don’t ever leave them or revenge (often silent, and can be deadly) is on its way.
- Venus opposite Pluto Love, hate. War of the roses. When you’re together, it’s all good but if you ever break up, you’ll experience the hate. A hate you never fathomed they could feel for you. And it will feel extreme, because it’s so out of character. Even if your synastry dissolves or balances out their Venus opp Pluto, once you’ve broken up — they go right back to THEIR chart alone. And now they’re in survival, and self-protection mode. Beware.
- Venus square Saturn This can go either way. On the more positive side, it can mean that the person likes a 7+ year age difference, and that might be okay for them, but somehow still cause some friction or overcoming of obstacles to get there. On the warning side — this person can not love. So be sure to invest as little emotionally, as you will, at the get-go or not at all. It will take them a long time, if ever to warm up to you and share their love. There will be crises around an old appearance,etc. and the relationship may never get off the ground.
- Venus opposition Saturn You’ve got a great partner, if Venus and Saturn are aspected. But with the opposition, you get a: Now I’m with you, and now I won’t. This native promises to love you, shows you affection, and then takes it away. What you can be left with is cold confusion. And to be fair, the native is just as confused, and also afraid of commitment. They pull back, when things get hard. And they pull back when things are sweet. You will have to have much patience with this person, and bank on it never working out, in the end unless they’re going to do something about their vacillation. Sometimes they want commitment, and sometimes they don’t. The best find is Venus trine, sextile, or even a conjunction to Saturn. These natives accept, and often expect love and relationships to be work, and will work at it for years to come. In some cases, the opposition might reflect a desire for a much younger, or much older partner. Again, one can have their cake and eat it too. Either find a partner who is old, but young at heart. Or young, but old at heart. The oppositions are about integration. I have been doing a little research on this aspect, and I have found it Doing research on love / attachment styles. Watch for Venus opposition Saturn, and Uranus. Need for closeness vs freedom. DISMISSIVE style. Ask them take the quiz to find out if they’re a Dismissive type partner. Learn more about attachment styles.
- Mars square Pluto Are you in for a beating? Verbal, physical, spiritual, emotional or otherwise? These guys and gals can be mean and cold, and make you “pay for it”. It is whatever transgression they think you did, not what you actually did, that will get you into hot water. And are you prepared to submit to an insatiable, and possibly out of norm sexual romp on rough and tumble rocks? This native is going to want to dominate you, to be sure. And not in a nice way.
- Mars opposite Pluto No, you can not win with this one. Be prepared to do their bidding. They don’t respect what you want. Only what THEY want. Are you prepared for psychological warfare, that you didn’t see coming? Figuratively, you’ll feel like you were given the date rape drug.
- Mars square Neptune They may have an STD, or other partner, major prospect, or love interest they’re not telling you about. They may even cheat on you sexually. But you sure will be in sexual ecstasy — the kind that goes bad, really bad after the dirty deed is done. The kind that makes you want to shower on end. They could be addicted to something that will bring you down in the end. Everything in excess: Drugs, sex, alcohol, and rock and roll. These are your wannabe rock-stars. Want to be a wannabe groupie? And at the end of the day, you might not even get into the promised land hotel room anyway.
- Mars opposite Neptune They could fake an orgasm, or lie to you about who else they’re dating.
Pay attention to what houses the planets are in. Is their Mars in the 5th or 7th house or the 3rd or 12th? It will tell you a lot about where and how they manifest these energies.
These are things to watch out for, but may not be deal breakers.
- Moon square Pluto Their emotions are damaging. If it’s a guy, they have mommy / woman issues. They’re unlikely to be a feminist or pro women. They can cut you up, and toy with your emotions — making you feel unworthy, and dirty.
- Moon opposite Pluto This one will attempt to manipulate your emotions. At first they’ll collect your feelings, and experiences and coddle you out of the wazzoo. But if you ever do anything to “hurt them”, they’ll use what they learned against you.
- Venus square Jupiter They skimp out on love, and cuddles. Don’t expect a lot of, “I love you’s”. These guys and gals are single for a long time, and it’s because they block love. They detract. They’re not sweet. They have an aversion to being lovey dovey. And they can cheat on you romantically.
- Venus opposite Jupiter When they love you, it’s over the top. But when they’re not in love with you, but everyone else in the world — yuck, that’s hard to swallow! So keep pulling him back to his or her home turf.
- Venus trine Jupiter You can bet this one has a lot of admirers, with no work at all. Unless they have other good aspects, like Venus trine Saturn, watch out. You may have a cheater on your hands. Or you’ll worry too much that they will. These folks can be the Ludus type, playful lovers.
- Venus sextile Jupiter If the opportunity presents themselves to shower you with love, like your birthday, they will. They can also attract admirers, but they have to work at it. Keep them happy, and they’ll be loyal to you. These folks can be the Ludus type, playful lovers.
- Venus square Neptune They never pick the “right ones,” for them. And you’re not it either. Sorry. So you’ll have to work on making yourself VERY real from the get-go, and not letting them fall into fantasy land. You may not know if what you’re experiencing is real love. And when you feel real love, you may hide it. Or you may pretend that you don’t love them. Or the opposite. This is a tough one to have. Causes much confusion, and uncertainty.
- Venus opposite Neptune They thought you were “the one”, but then you do something that turns them off to the reality of imperfection. It’s not you; it’s them. Remind them about how truly “magical” you are, together.
- Mars square Uranus These guys and gals get shockingly mad, in a flash. It’s startling. If you’re not the type to agitate, you may be okay. The flame will likely die down, as quickly as it rose. But if you’re a trouble maker yourself, avoid this one.
- Mars opposite Uranus
- Venus square Uranus They have no problems breaking up with you, in a flash. Don’t give your heart out to this one. Anyway, they usually do you a favor in that they’re not the type you can get close to very easily anyway. But you’re at your own peril, if you push it. Watch out for long distance relationships. These types look for that sort of thing, and it won’t be good for you. An LDR that happens out of the blue, may be okay, but not when they have this aspect. In synastry it can be fine such as one of you being traveling in your work, but it’s also something to pay attention to.
- Venus opposite Uranus The on and off again romance. Now you see me, now you don’t. Love at a distance. Love close, at hand. These natives, are unsure of what they want. Do they want love (Leo), or freedom (Aquarius)? Sometimes they’re like a Venus Aquarius, and other times a Venus in Leo. You don’t know whether to be warm and fuzzy with them, proclaiming your love or cool and distant, having some cool and analytical friendly conversations. The oppositions need to learn that they can have BOTH, but they need to harmonize, and sympathize with their partner. Your prospective date might be the DISMISSIVE style. Ask them take the quiz to find out if they’re a Dismissive type partner. Learn more about attachment styles.
Something to think about
- Venus square or opposite Chiron Love does not heal them. Love hurts them, and you’re the lover that’s going to or is hurting them.
- Mercury square Mars They’re ornery. Not very kindly. You’re going to get a lot of negative chatter out of this one. They especially don’t get along well with men, in conversation.
- Mercury square Saturn They are not good at keeping secrets or serious conversation. Bad combo.
- Mercury square Venus They especially don’t know how to get along with women, in conversation. They’re communication style is irritating, and not smooth.
- Moon square Venus They don’t know how to comfort you.
- Venus square Mars They can easily fight or cause friction with their partner. They don’t have a good handle on their yin and yang.
- Venus opposition Mars They don’t have a good handle on what they want, out of relating.
With Saturn it either means the thing will get off the ground, or it won’t. Not much to worry about there, at the start. But down the road, Saturn is the “glue” as they say. So if that isn’t doing well, your relationship may not last. As can be seen, finding “the one” is tricky business. Good luck, and God speed.
I’m sorry dear reader if you have any of these aspects, and I’ve painted your dating and romance life, poorly. I’ve noted the “dark” side of challenging aspects, and not how they can be overcome or be positive. It takes a very well-adjusted, self-improvement oriented person, to get beyond these aspects. And for those that don’t have these aspects, but see them in your prospect — they may have overcome the challenges, but what if they haven’t? Do you want to spend time fiddling with their issues? You know astrology, or can get an astrology reading — use it to your dating advantage. While I’m willing to work with a little spice, my Venus Virgo wants a break from these fixer uppers. I can take maybe one or two of them IF they have some good aspects like Moon-Venus-Mercury and Venus-Saturn in good aspect. Otherwise, I’m not interested as I’ve tested these aspects out enough to know their chart is right. And if you’re a native, with a difficult aspect, maybe fess up at the start of dating someone you like. Let them know what love / romance / dating challenges you face, and you might find it helps you out a lot. Let them know your love attachment, and style!
If I have the time or inclination, I can tell you how to find someone compatible to you online. A little tip, for now: Sun, Venus, in good aspect, and in synastry are good ideas. So if your Sun is a Taurus, search for a Venus Virgo, Taurus, Capricorn, Scorpio, Pisces, or Cancer. How do you do that, since Sun signs are all that are shown? Each planet takes awhile to get into gear, and you take into account the preferred Sun sign of your partner too. So there are only so many Virgo Suns with Scorpio Venus in the age range you desire to date. So you check the ephemeris for the years you want to check, and find that combination or Venus. An easier way may be looking at a past loves good Venus, and using their year of birth to find the one for you online. You can change up the Sun sign with that too.
And if you can find out their Moon, that is helpful too. So if your Venus is in Aries, search for a partner with a Moon in Sag, Leo, or Aries — which can be just as good as a Sun connection, though not as powerful. Moons in the same element, or exact same sign are amazing for feeling secure. A Moon synastry conjunction is quite powerful. As powerful as the Sun!
Hoarding is under the domains of:
Moon Cancer 4th house: Emotions. Memory. Our home.
Saturn Capricorn 10th house: Old things. Acquiring, and using. Public opinion.
Venus Taurus 2nd house: What we find beautiful. What makes us feel secure. What we value and treasure. Our own resources.
Pluto Scorpio 8th house: Elimination. Power, Control. Psychology / the Occult. Other people’s resources.
Look to these planets, signs, and houses, in your own chart to see what your own hoarding perspective. Know of someone you think hoards? Look to see if any of these planets aspect in a challenging way, such as Moon square Saturn, Venus opposite Pluto, Moon conjunct Pluto, etc…
I was thinking about hoarding… Whose to say one person’s junk, is another’s trash? What about one person’s junk, is another’s treasure?
I have a friend that saves those tv dinner, microwave plates. I mean hundreds of them! I was thinking how society would think that was a recyclable / junk / trash; however, I got to thinking: They must value this plate. Then I looked at the plate. And it was pretty sturdy, black, and looked like it could be used again and again. But my friend has enough plates, so they’re just keeping them. Stacked high. For years.
I said, “these plates over here are pretty good.”. And they said all happily, “yeah, I have a whole bunch of them, but I don’t know what they could be used for.” And I said, “I could see them being used for mixing stuff in… like paints. Maybe a children’s center could use them.” And they said, “yeah, I thought they might have some use, so I keep them. I should look into that.”
The moral of this story is: Who are we to judge someone for the things they own? Do you even know why the person keeps what they do? What’s THEIR story? Because their story, probably isn’t yours. My friend values these plates.
On the surface a lot of things are going to look senseless to us. So I say: Ignore it, or ask about it. And if the person wants to tell you their story, you’ll probably be pretty surprised. Enrich your life, through difference.
Now, the idea of clinical hoarding is that it’s affecting your life: Work, home, and personal relationships (including the one you have with yourself). If you’re not happy or you’re being stopped from doing something, and your hoarding is causing it – that’s when talk therapy is helpful. Talk therapy discovers WHY you’re doing what you’re doing, in case you don’t know. And it works at lightening up your load.
Right now, I don’t think these plates are bugging my friend. But what do I know? Nothing, really. And that makes me think of the extreme minimalists. Why do they value having nothing? I guess if society would choose between hoarding, and modesty — they’ll go for modesty so that makes minimalism more acceptable. But I think minimalism can have its own problems too.
At the end of the day, I think the majority of us just want to live and die in peace. So I support anyone, and anything that accomplishes that goal.
Also, often if you’re paying attention to someone “hoarding”, it probably makes you uncomfortable because you’re uncomfortable with your *own* hoarding, even if no one can see you doing it. Judgements are quite often just projections, in disguise.
Note: I’m heterosexual, and this article is written with a personal blog perspective. While my writing could be applied to all forms of relating, this is what I know best and I tend to enjoy writing from experience.
Ask yourself these two questions:
- Do you want the relationship you’re currently in, or to be in one?
- Do you want to love the person you’re with, or be in love?
What are you (Aries) doing about it, to create and loving and vibrant relationship (Libra) for you and your person of interest?
The first question I’ve asked — asks for a commitment (Libra), and dedication (Taurus). The second question asks for vulnerability (Aries), and passion (Scorpio). Yes, a healthy Aries is vulnerable because they’re strong.
If you’ve noticed, I haven’t asked about having sex (Mars).
Frankly, I strongly believe (and astrology indicates this) if you don’t have #1 and #2 (Venus) first, then having #3 (Mars) is often a sure disaster. And while some people believe it takes a long time to love someone, I don’t agree. But I do think it can take a long time to see if someone is compatible, but that’s the logic side of Libra — not love (Taurus).
To be personal, I had sex fairly quickly (within two weeks) with my ex husband but we then became joined at the hip and we were together for 10 years. But the most important thing I discovered was that #1 — he wanted to be in a relationship AND #2 — he loved me rather quickly (love at first sight), so it made sense to have #3.
These days it seems like a lot of guys want to skip #1 and #2 for themselves, and go straight to #3 (Mars) BUT expect YOU to do #1 and #2 (Venus) all on your own. Waaaaa?? LOL Yeah buddy, it doesn’t work that way. Good try though. LOL
They don’t want to commit because it’s like a dating buffet out here on the internet and they’re abusing the nonsensical friends with benefits (fwb) arrangement aka FREE SEX. And they don’t want to be vulnerable, unless or in place of you being vulnerable because… eh, I haven’t figured that one out yet. Anyone know??
But the full package is Venus and Mars. That’s Venus combined with Mars. Venus without Mars, and Mars without Venus is not a full romantic relationship — it’s sex or it’s friendship but it’s not both.
“Careful consideration of your options and goals will lead to wiser choices at the times of activity, and a gradual transformation from self-preoccupation to becoming more aware of the rights and feelings of others will be a great step for you to make.” Source: Astromatrix
Not even the proverbial fwb person is really a friend. Why? Because at it’s core, this arrangement lacks respect. And your true friend will respect you, and vice versa. So if you’re respecting (2nd house – Taurus) yourself, your friend, and vice versa — you’re not having an fwb situation. Fwb is a misnomer. Yes, Venus is related to friendship and Mars is related to sex BUT if the man REALLY likes you (the logic part of Libra) — he’ll want more than just sex with you. He’ll want you all to himself (Aries). And he’ll focus on Love (Taurus), and commitment(Libra). Fwb lacks love. Fwb is missing something. Fwb is seriously flawed, and like an aberration. Fwb is more of an Aquarius, 11th house, Uranian thing. An acquaintance. Fwb is a Mars-Uranus arrangement, that leaves the female (Venus) out of the picture. Her Venusian wants, and desires are left out of the equation. Uranian energy is discordant, and the fwb arrangement is inconjunct to Venus (Taurus) even though it appeals to a side of Venus (Libra trines Aquarius).
Anyway, fwb is like a whole other article or BOOK. Is there a book out there yet on this subject? Could be… lol
Wherever your Venus is, represents who pays you or who you make money from.
- Where’s your Venus?
- What house does Venus reside?
Venus primarily rules Taurus, and co-rules Libra (who is primarily ruled by Juno).
- Venus is in my 8th house, and on my 9th and 4th.
- I make money from my contractors (their skills), in my business. I also make money from spiritual seekers, and learners! And eventually I’ll make money from publishers, of my writing. :D
The 8th house is about other people’s resources, amongst other things. It’s also the house of business.
Also note where your Neptune is (higher form of Venus). Mine is in the 10th. I’ve received anonymous donations (don’t’ get too excited — small amounts!! haha), for example. The 10th is the general public.
In or on the 1st – You make money from yourself. Entrepreneurship, or self-employment where YOU do the job (being a contractor).
In or on the 2nd – You make money from money (investments, banking, real estate, etc). Also by people who have an artistic nature (collectors) and value (wealthy people).
In or on the 3rd – You make money from neighbors, siblings, co-workers. Also by people who do a lot of short distance traveling, and people who like short term learning (workshops, tutoring).
In or on the 4th – You make money from your parents — Mom and/or Dad. Ancestral skills, or financial help (especially connected to your living space). You make money from the people who live in your home (such as renters).
In or on the 5th – You make money from gambling, your children, your hobbies, close friends, dates, or risk taking.
In or on the 6th – You make money from your employer, or various employers. You make money from people concerned about their health (physically sick people), or daily life.
In or on the 7th – You make money from your partnerships, or committed romantic partner (ie, your spouse).
In or on the 8th – You make money from other people’s resources and skills — usually from business, taxes, or inheritance. People who use their skills to directly make you money in your business.
In or on the 9th – You make money from a church, spiritual seekers, pursuit of higher knowledge, students and teachers, your writing (publishers)…
In or on the 10th – You make money from the masses — the general public. This often comes in the form of royalties or passive income. Welfare, is one example. Being the head of a company, is another.
In or on the 11th – You make money from friends, associates, and networks such as BIA’s, networking functions, local business centers. Would get campaign or fundraising money. As well as your wishful thinking. The Secret — power of positive thinking! Making money from the universal mind, or just the universe!
In or on the 12th – You make money from institutions such as prisons, psychiatric, or medical facilities. You make money from the mentally or spiritually wounded, and the hidden (anonymous or locked up and disenfranchised people). You make money from charities — as in, also receiving charity.
Please help this list be more specific by adding which house your VENUS resides, and who you make money from. :)
You may also be interested in this article.
The other day, my talk therapist asked me: What is love? Frankly, it made me pause. Then I turned to astrology — what I often do when I want to decode life.
Love is Venus, Juno, Taurus, and Libra.
No matter the type of love: romantic, platonic, love for one’s child, or job — the following traits are the foundations or necessary ingredients for love:
Love and loving, and being loved is sweet; hard; affectionate; fair; poetic; growth oriented; committed; wanting to be around the other; painful; causes security, stability, and balance; fruitful; tenacious; interdependent; what we value; what we want to own; beautiful; peaceful; relaxed; open; thoughtful; steady; reliable; loyal; comfortable; natural, resourceful; supportive; selfless; giving; sharing; and a projection.
Note: The above list is NOT exhaustive… :)
We often demonstrate our love to loved ones by making things such as poetry or cards (beautiful, poetic, giving, resourceful, natural, sweet, affectionate, thoughtful, etc.), giving gifts of chocolates such as during Valentine’s day (sweet, affectionate, giving), marrying / partnering with / giving birth (growth oriented, committed, painful, fruitful, loyal, stability, etc), or simply providing a powerful hug (sweet, peaceful, relaxed, open, comfortable, natural, supportive).
One of our goals in love is often to have and offer security, and stability — to provide and receive a home for the mental and material, connecting those two parts to the heart.
Our love for another is a reflection of our love for ourselves, which is why the old saying goes: You can’t love someone else, until you love yourself.
We offer tough love (Juno) when our loved one’s have gone astray. Tough love is not only painful for the receiver, but also the giver.
Love is more often then not reciprocal, though it is given of one’s own free will, and can include much sacrifice and selfless service.
When you truly love, you love for free. You will love without receiving anything in return — perhaps not indefinitely, but definately initially.
Having said that, love is about being fair. If love is not reciprocated (Libra, Juno), physical (Taurus, Venus) demonstrations of it will eventually dry up.
What does love mean to you?
Do you have love in your life?
Who do you love?
Do you love yourself?
Are you a lover?
Here are non-astrological viewpoints on what love is — neat how there are many similarities:
Love (Taurus) is the opposite of lust (Scorpio, Eros).
Scorpio, ruled by Pluto, connected to Taurus (Venus) is another form of love. And another blog post, one that would also include the myth of Psyche and Eros. :D
Also Pisces, and Neptune (higher octave of Venus) also have a connection to what is love…
I had initiated a conversation about something I didn’t like being said to me and then the other person started talking about what they didn’t like about something I said to them a long time ago (but had never told me), skipping right over what I wanted to talk to them about.
I said to them: Hey, I’m #1 here. You’re coming in as a #2 but you’re a #1 too. If you have something to bring up, initiate a conversation about that topic (at that time) and be the #1 that you are. Otherwise, when you come in as a #2, you make me a #2 and I’m a #1 who doesn’t like going around and around in circles. And at the very least, address and acknowledge what I’m talking about, come to a resolution with me and then we can talk about your stuff.
If you have something to say, say it first. Don’t wait for the other person to open the door and follow in behind them. That’s not fair, empowering, or helpful.
Remember that you’re #1 and so are they.
I’m on a diet of protein and non-carb vegetables and no other carb’s. Cheating is having brussel sprouts and bread. Cheating would have used to been take-out, chips, and other naughty things! :-) Yes, this is progress!!
Jealousy doesn’t prove love; what it does prove, is a concern for potential loss. ~ Abella Arthur
Venus-Pluto: Venus Conjunct Pluto, Venus Opposition Pluto and Love, Beauty, Money.
Like Venus Scorpio, Pluto Libra / Taurus, Venus in the 8th
Venus Conjunct Pluto has the ability to be sinister or scintillating. Venus Opposition Pluto tends to veer towards being sinister because it seesaws from sweet love to possessive love, extremely and the native hides what is happening and when.
The conjunction creates the desire to achieve a powerful and deep love and artistic works that can be exceptionally transformational or horribly destructive and hateful.
Whereas the opposition, if the native hasn’t healed its oppositional nature, can lean towards being quite dangerous — possibly leading to sociopathic tendencies when and if threatened or betrayed (perceived or real). Manipulation, control, and power subtly mixed with love, money, and beauty can be initially intoxicating. However, as time passes by it’s often toxic.
Venus-Pluto has the ability to manipulate their appearance. They can be like snake charmers in that what you see may not be what is. They may also command a lot of financial power and authority and can make fabulous financial advisers, accountants, negotiators, and stock brokers. They can also make controversial artists.
As usual, I have scratched the surface of this aspect. There are many ways for it to manifest. I welcome additional insights, comments, thoughts, and links for and against. I’ve provided a limited manifestation of these aspects in this blog and will continue to provide insights as time goes on.
And it’s also important to remember that one aspect does not make the whole person. It’s important to look for other signs (aspects, houses, etc.) that say the same thing and then that needs to be weighed against items that can cancel out, dull, or brighten it.
This is an excellent article about Venus-Pluto natives.
Venus Square Saturn on Rejection
The native can feel that their love, affection, financial portfolio, artistry, and/or beauty are being rejected and that very well may be the case.
Most of us encounter rejection — not being able to play our music loud at 1am, not getting that loan we wanted, or not being someone else’s type. But it’s how the Venus Square Saturn native deals with normal rejection that sets them apart.
What is rejection anyway? Are you being rejected in whole or in part? Why is the person rejecting something you do, say, or offer? Is it personal?
We all have the right to reject what we don’t like, what doesn’t resonate with us, what doesn’t make us happy, etc. even if we do not get our wishes fulfilled — even Venus Square Saturn natives.
The Venus Sq. Saturn native can do well with not taking rejection personally and to remember that they too reject things, and parts. And it may be their own strong and harsh rejections that makes them acutely aware and sensitive when it comes time for an aspect in themselves to get rejected.
Ve 90° Sa may also want to find out why something is being rejected and consider whether that is something they are willing to change or accept it’s just how they are and they need to find that loan, or love elsewhere.
And a square has the opportunity to become a supercharged trine!!
by the way, I’m Venus Trine Saturn and I recently got rejected for an art installation. My response: Meh… and NEXT… hey people, look at my artwork. :) Ha!
My stuff isn’t for everyone and I’m sure they have a good reason why they rejected my proposal. And maybe they made the wrong decision but it’s a mute point because they prefer one thing over another and that’s just life. Onwards and upwards!! <3
So my suggestion is to strive for my attitude when it comes to rejection, and use the square energy (while turning your square into a supercharged trine) to get you closer to your best match.
Some time in 2011. I might put colour to this later.
With all my abstract, swirly pics, I don’t start out with anything in mind. It’s only afterwards where an image appears along with a story. The tusks are an important metaphor with this one as well as the eyes of ‘shock’ and the two halves of a heart or elephant ears.
This way of doing art may have something to do with my Venus Tredecile Ascendant aspect.
Natal Venus Square Neptune.
Like Venus Pisces, Neptune Taurus. The native imagines the best in everyone and gets swept up into the fantasy but then they get let down when things don’t go as imagined.
The lesson here is to remove high expectations and idealism and remember that there is a spiritual lesson in every encounter and to find gratitude in that rather than feeling let-down.
You weren’t let down by the other (they are just being themselves); you let yourself down! Gain compassion, understanding, and acceptance of the human faults of yourself and other.
Learn about Venus Square Neptune, in synastry, on my Virgo Vault blog.
Earth is sandwiched between Venus and Mars.
Love, Art, Money, Beauty, Ambition, Sex, Identity, Activity, Women, Men, Femininity, and Masculinity make the world go around.
Earthlings get caught in the middle of Libra (partnerships) and Aries (self-hood). Human beings feel the push and pull, yin and yang of peace and war, love and hate.
As a whole, we try to express the interdependent space between co-dependence and independence — an ‘at-one’ with others and ourselves.
On the surface, Venus spews her “love, not war”, “we’re in it together” campaign, while Mars suggestively asserts “all for one, and one for all (get it?!)”, “fight, instead of flight”, behind closed doors. We often end up feeling a tug-o-war — an us vs. them. An I, vs. we. And yet, it’s neither for Earth.
We ask ourselves: What is real? Am I crazy? Is it me or other?
As we are showered with Venus (Air, Earth) and Mars (Fire) themes in our everyday lives, we can benefit from remembering that we’re from EARTH (full of water).
music & words: Randi Laubek
It was a night of cancer full moon
The water was a quiet grave
He didnt know if he was mad or he was sane
But he did it just to ease his pain
She had a voice that moved the angels
She seemed so innocent and yet so wise
It didn’t take him anytime to fall in love
But he did it just to ease his pain
Oh, madness, madness
Oh, sadness, sadness
So sang the siren on the sea
Oh, madness, madness
Oh, sadness, sadness
So sang the fisher on the sea
But are you still in love with me?
So he got drawn in to her love sea
He swam like weightless in her eyes
But in their ecstasy the question did arise
Did he die or did he stay alive?
Oh, madness, madness…etc.
By the way, Randi is another strong LEO female vocalist. Tori Amos, Kate Bush, Madonna, me?! :D
Stevie Nicks Natal Chart
In a 1989 interview, Stevie gave personal insight as to the meaning of Rooms on Fire:
Rooms on Fire is about a girl who goes through a life like I have gone through, where she finally accepts the idea that there never will be those other things in her life. She will never be married, she will never have children, she will never do those [that] part of life.
We all have our own path, our own karma. Children, spouses, and the traditional trappings isn’t for everyone. I’m just thoroughly impressed that Stevie Nicks knew this or got an astrology consultation to make her aware of it — maybe she even gave herself an astrology consultation.
No children is indicated by Saturn and Pluto in her 5th house but it’s made more difficult by being conjunct. Leo is also one of the barren signs. You would think that wouldn’t be the case since Leo is playful and child-like but that’s exactly why Leo on the 5th house cusp can cause barrenness. That placement suggests the native is a child themselves and can not be responsible. And any child she would have had (probably a boy) would quite possibly have died.
In regards to lack of marriage, in her romance and dating house (the progression from dating to marriage) she more than likely had destructive romances that tested her will (Mars Conjunct Pluto). In her 8th house (House of Domination) she has South Node Conjunct Chiron (I use wide orbs). Marriage wounded her in a past life and continues to wound her. Neptune (which is square her Venus) is near this house cusp (the 6th house, House of Submission) and it’s here where she would attract men of addiction, fantasy, and illusion. In fact, she would likely have this as part of her nature as well — perhaps wanting to be Cinderella and finding her Prince but no mere mortal man could ever be a true fairytale Prince. With the house cusp having the sign in Libra, we have a house that is ruled by Venus and Juno. Any committed partnership could be met with mind games and mental abuse.
She did marry but it was for convenience and surrounding a long time chronic illness of her friend (she married her friend’s widow) – see South Node Conjunct Chiron in the 8th. Perhaps it was a karmic debt repaid..
Stevie Nicks – Rooms On Fire (astrology houses?!)
People who agree with us (Venus), make us softer, allow us to accept / see ourselves, and bring us closer to our destiny. We feel loved & admired.
People who don’t agree with us (Mars), make us stronger, allow us to work on / see ourselves, and bring us closer 2 our destiny. We come alive.
Without Mars, how can we truly appreciate Venus?
Venus-Saturn = Limited love. When Square, maybe long & committed love is scary. When Trine, long & committed love is satisfying…
Notes drawn from AdZe: Septile – Spiritual power, divine downloads, self-knowledge, non-conforming harmony (like Venus / Jupiter / Trine)
“There is a whole family of septile aspects including the septile, bi-septile and tri-septile forming one, two and three sevenths of a circle respectively. Septiles are measured in denominations of fifty-one degrees twenty-five minutes, one hundred two degrees fifty one minutes five seconds and one-hundred-fifty-four degrees, seventeen minutes and two seconds. The septile family of aspects is very different. They divide the circle into one, two and three sevenths respectively. This is the first series of aspects that to not divide evenly. This is a somewhat irrational force of energy, something sacred and holy going on here. Much like the number seven, Septiles contain spiritual power and imply the possibility of cosmic intervention. Septiles indicate harmony and union though in a non-conforming way. These aspects can indicate extraordinary creative efforts at self-knowledge and ultimate understanding and can be a real turn on. Septiles resonate with Venus, Cardinal, Air and Libra energy.” AdZe MiXXe.
I have Mercury Septile Jupiter, Mars Tri-Septile Ascendant, Venus Tri-Septile North Node, and Sun Septile Uranus.
This aspect stimulates ‘divine downloads’ from the universal highway.
Divine insights or allowing the native to view the world (things and themselves too) in ways that few others do, is partly what this aspect does. One would expect the native to have had formal training, to arrive at what they do, but they haven’t!!
The Septile gives inspiration, is inspirational, or motivational. For example, Mercury Septile Jupiter can indicate “motivational speaking’ or writing ‘inspirational wisdom’. Sun Septile Uranus, an inspirational ‘role model’ for self-empowerment and “beating to your own drum”, and self-confidence or one that is inspired towards these pursuits.
Meditation or martial arts are especially helpful for any native who hasn’t tapped into the power of their Septiles, because it helps quiet or slow down energy to listen to / receive ‘divine downloads’.
Personality wise, it could indicate having an Autistic or Asperger’s type temperament but I haven’t tested this theory yet! Oh, I just found this Facebook note by astrologer David Rowan talking about how Septiles could be connected to this. I have mild dyslexia, by the way.
Do you have a Septile aspect?